We act as a catalyst that attracts the investment interest from pension funds, insurance firms and other long-term investors.
Domestic capital mobilized from Pension Funds
First-Time Issuers Accessing Capital Markets
Long-term jobs enabled in Nigeria
Infrastructure projects reaching financial close
InfraCredit provides local currency guarantees to enhance the credit quality of debt instruments issued to finance creditworthy infrastructure assets in Nigeria that conform with its eligibility criteria.
This entity is necessary because long term capital required by infrastructure entities/projects to be commercially successful is not available from the domestic banking market. InfraCredit’s guarantees would act as a catalyst to attract investment interests from pension funds, insurance firms and other long-term investors, thereby deepening the Nigerian debt capital markets.
Its successful operation will address the constraints facing the Nigerian pension market and motivate their involvement in investing in long term bonds to finance infrastructure assets.
InfraCredit has made significant strides since inception in 2017
- December 2020InfraCo Africa invests $27 million in InfraCredit
- September 2020Issues N12 billion 10 year guarantee to TSL at 10%
- August 2020InfraCredit completes drawdown of $10 m facility from AFDB
- JULY 2020‘AAA’ credit rating re affirmed by two leading domestic rating agencies, Agusto & Co and GCR.
- DECEMBER 2019KfW signed second tranche of EUR23.5 million unsecured subordinated debt capital agreement.
- AUGUST 2019Issues N13Bn guarantee to GEL Utility at 15.15%
- APRIL 2019African Development Bank (AfDB) approved the provision of $10mn subordinated loan and a $5mn partial credit guarantee facility
- FEBRUARY 2019Guarantee supports NSP issuance of first 15 years corporate green infrastructure bond
- DECEMBER 2018Africa Finance Corporation invests $25 million
- NOVEMBER 2018KfW invests 31million euros subordinated capital.
- JULY 2018Joined the league of Harvard Business school case studies
- JANUARY 2018InfraCredit issues Maiden guarantee which supports first 10 year corporate infrastructure bond in Nigerian Market
- JULY 2017Obtains 'AAA' national scale long term credit rating commences operation
- JUNE 2017InfraCredit commences operation
- JANUARY 2017NSIA & GuarantCo partner up and launch InfraCredit
Integrity, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Through integrity, passion, innovation and collaboration, we are focused on building a vibrant company where ideas can flourish, people can succeed and success can be nurtured.
InfraCredit’s capital structure is composed of three tiers of capital
We collaborate with consultants and leading firms to provide an array of innovative services.
From time to time, InfraCredit will issue requests for proposals to provide technical assistance, consultancy and other services. These opportunities may be advertised here.